Sunday, September 11, 2016

Math Porfolio

One of the greatest idea that I had implemented in my Math class is probably keeping math portfolio for each of the students. I know other teachers had been compiling their students' artifacts in portfolio and like them, I believe it's truly useful.

Here's what I think of the use of Math Portfolio:

1) It's a organizational tool for students to collect and put all their works in one folder.
2) When parents want to know about their kid's achievement, you can use this as evidence of what they do in class.
3) The portfolio is good tool for self reflection for students about their work.
4) This will be a very good review tool for Final review (which I think is the most important use.)

Do you use portfolio in class? What does it looks like? This year, I want to work with their Exploring Technology teacher and let them create an e-portfolio where they can take photos and videos of their work or while their doing their work. What do you think of this idea? Do you think it will work?


Here's some photos of my students's artifacts on their Math portfolio:

































No comments:

Post a Comment