Sunday, September 11, 2016

Just Because I can....

Just because I can, doesn't mean I will.

I need to write about what just happened an hour ago. Instead of getting lunch at school cafeteria, me and my brother went to the school shop instead and buy some stuff. I badly need a pen because I'm marking my first quiz in Math and so I decided to pick a pen. I looked at the prices at it ranges from 8 or 15 yuan. I was shocked at the prices, it's very expensive I think. I know how much the prices more or less in China since I had been here long enough to know, a pen should be worth 1-4 yuan but a 15 yuan pen? I was whining loud at the shop and some of my students heard me and asked why. I told them the price was just ridiculously high and I refuse to buy it even I can afford it. It's a rip-off.  So I left the shop and I was thinking of buying out later on. Half an our later, I was sitting in my classroom and one student - Peter Hu (who probably heard me earlier) gave me a red pen. And he said it's only 2.5 yuan and he gave it to me as gift for Teacher's Day. Definitely, this made my day.  

I've been telling my students about wise shopping in Finance Math - just because they can afford to buy things, they will buy stuff because I#they can. They should learn about critical thinking and how important to check on prices and everything about a product because even if they have money, other people will take advantage of the costumers some times.

No comments:

Post a Comment