Sunday, September 11, 2016

Clubs Clubs Clubs!

It's my favorite past time - Math Tutorial Club. Weird ey? I had been doing this for 4 years now and definitely I will keep doing it.

What's in my Math Tutorial Club?

It's a weekly meeting every Thursday after class wherein I stay at school for up to 3 hours in my classroom. Any students are welcome to drop by if they need help in their Math courses. I also send some of my students here whenever they have some assignment or journals to finish for the week. I use it for review time whenever we join Math Olympiads. Or if some students have difficulty in class and we don't have time to discuss, I ask them to come and we can continue discuss it in the club.

One good thing I like in this club is I can pull out my best students from previous year and let them tutor struggling students with my supervision. Sometimes, we play strategy games such as Monopoly, Settlers of Catan, San Guo Sha, and others if we have nothing to study about. And sometimes, we watch Blue Jays game too!











What club are you in?


No comments:

Post a Comment