Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Almost there...

Can't believe how time flies! I'm on my  last week finishing my course of Educ 5203. I have come to re evaluate myself as a teacher and what role I've been playing in educating future generation. Am I preparing them enough for their future? I think I do.

I haven't been writing much online because I was away for three weeks. During those days, I was trying to divide my time from studying online(maybe 5% only), travelling, processing papers important documents for work and visa application, renewing passport, attending wedding, seeing family and some friend, family reunions, taking care of my daughter who had undergone family issues with the new family of her dad, tv/radio interviews, diving, and the highlight of my trip was conquering one of my biggest fears - jumping off the diving board for 15 ft high. You see, I've always wanted to jump from the boat when we go swimming in the middle of the sea but I'm always afraid to do so. I just enjoy myself watching my nephews and nieces jump off of the port/boat and wishing I could do the same. Maybe because I was drowned few times since I was a kid but the desire to jump has been always what I wanted to do. Since last year, I took small steps towards making that dream a reality. Making it possible is like a dream come true.

Why I'm talking about this? It's because I think when you want to change something, you need to change your attitude and steps of actions and keep the goals the same. The last experience actually taught me something - if I was going to teach better and encourage my students to learn from their mistakes and try something new, I should be doing it to myself as well. As I said, change is inevitable. I can't pursue my dreams if I won't take a step towards it. Like our education, if our world has been changing a lot, with technology, I guess the best way to cope with it it to embrace it and focus on the goal of educating the learners no matter it will take time for us to learn and absorb new technologies.

I have so much to learn and share, but one thing I have right now - confidence! Yes, confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment