Friday, October 28, 2016

Choosing between old and new educational technology that helps better

Google being blocked in China has taught me to find alternatives available and never tried to explore what's in there anymore. Through Education 5203, the course made me to look into how Google helps me greatly before. Using a VPN to bypass China's Great firewall, I managed to check what's up out there in the Western world.

One thing I find very helpful is using Google Docs. This quite become handy to me when I have a new Dekstop at school in Chinese with MS Office 2016 in Chinese and I thought it's unbelievable since I can't read Chinese. With my Mac being reformatted and installed a new OS which become useless, I had to use something. So I start using the Google Docs since it's in English! I was so happy and start using it. Unfortunately I can't use it class for sharing since my students don't have VPNs or Google email but hey, who knows I'm moving to another school or country that will make use of this better. So this ones going to be one of my new tech. Especially now that I found out that Geogebra has a plug in too.

I want to explore another app, maybe something to do with Math course or organization of files. In looking into Desmos and 360 Degree web applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment